The Illinois Library Association (ILA) asks library workers to contribute witness slips for SB 2787. This bill would amend the Illinois Local Library Act and the Public Library District Act of 1991 to require competitive bidding for contracts in excess of $35,000 (rather than $25,000) for specified improvements and equipment purchases. The deadline to submit witness slips for this bill is Wednesday, February 7, 3:30 p.m.
This bill helps keep the Act up-to-date with inflation and increases overall budget flexibility for public libraries. You are invited to submit a witness slip even if you aren’t a library director or someone who handles the budget.
The process only takes a minute or two. Please follow the directions below:
- To begin, start with the Illinois General Assembly Senate Hearing page
- Find SB 2787 and click on the pencil icon
- Add your contact information and representation (optional)
- Add your position (Proponent)
- Add your testimony (select Record of Appearance Only, if you wish to simply show support for the bill)
- Check the Terms of Agreement box and then click Create (Slip)
Thank you in advance for your support!