Do you love buying books, movies, video games, music and more? Want to do it for a whole community? Come join our team! We are seeking an enthusiastic, flexible, innovative and service-oriented collection librarian who is technologically savvy and self-motivated. The Arlington Heights Memorial Library strives to amaze our customers by having the best books, movies, music, and games available as quickly as possible. Join our selection team so you can be a vital part of developing our incredible collection.
This Collection Librarian will be responsible for management of designated collections, including selection and evaluation, so that materials exceed customer expectations.
- Select and evaluate materials for assigned collections across formats for a variety of audiences.
- Analyze collection statistics and budget figures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in collections and library services.
- Act as a liaison to departments, receiving input and title suggestions.
- Communicate changes in the collection and provide updates to other departments.
- Train and make assignments to staff who assist with preparing materials and collecting data for review and evaluation.
- Ensure that titles across formats are available in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer suggestions and concerns about the collection.
Requirements & Skills: Minimum 2 years of experience in collection management in a public library. Direct customer service experience in a public library preferred
Education: Master of Library Science degree required.
Benefits: Benefits includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 4 weeks vacation plus sick and personal leave, 13 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plan and other optional benefits such as pet insurance & identity theft protection.