Do you enjoy working with children of all ages? Are you looking for the opportunity to shape the experiences of youth and families at the Library? Green Hills Public Library District is seeking a creative, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic librarian to join the Youth Services Department.
This position assists patrons and performs a variety of tasks at our busy Youth Services Desk, which includes but is not limited to: reference service, readers advisory, collection development and maintenance, and material displays. Adjacent to the desk is a bank of computers, where Librarians are responsible for assisting patrons with various technology-related inquiries. In addition, Youth Services Librarians may participate in programming and outreach efforts of the Department.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of collection development principles, is proficient with technology, provides excellent customer service, is detail-oriented, and can successfully work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Review the job description to learn more about this position.
- Generous paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Continuing education opportunities
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Minimum one year of experience in a library; public library experience with youth preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience working with youth.
- Fluency in Arabic, Polish, or Spanish a plus.