The Oak Park Public Library seeks friendly, collaborative, and organized Library Clerks to join our Materials Handling team this summer.
We are on a journey to become an anti-racist organization. Anti-racism is now one of the library’s four strategic priorities alongside engagement, learning, and stewardship.
We serve a diverse population at our three locations and out in the Oak Park community. Our vision is to empower every voice in our community, and our mission is to share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
This position is part-time, temporary, and pays $16.50 per hour. The scheduled hours are 15 hours per week, including required regular weekend and evening hours. Please apply by Sunday, March 26, to be considered for this position.
- Sorting and shelving returned materials
- Processing materials from SWAN libraries
- Assisting with daily deliveries
- Operating the automated materials handling machine
- Retrieving and fulfilling library materials holds
- Maintaining the physical collections
- Helping with projects in other service areas as requested
Successful candidates will:
- Possess organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, excellent work ethic, excellent judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Find ways to remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to customer service
- Be available and willing to work a flexible schedule, including required evenings and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to walk, push, move, bend, stand, sit, squat, grasp, reach, stretch, talk, and hear
- Close visual acuity to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of work assigned
- Lift up to 50 pounds and transport or move up to 100 pounds of library materials from one location to another
- Function in narrow aisles
Anti-Racism. Diversity. Equity. Inclusion.
The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We work to create and support an environment of anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion for the benefit of our staff, our collections, our programs and services, our patrons, and our community. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.