The Addison Public Library seeks a customer-focused librarian to help connect patrons with their interests and information needs. You will facilitate and create programs along with providing an exceptional patron experience at the Adult Services desk. You will help offer 1-on-1 technology support, lead monthly technology classes, facilitate book discussions, and provide vital access to information. Our Specialists support a learning culture and are expected to share their expertise with coworkers. You'll also have the opportunity to work on special projects and participate in library-wide committees.
Who You Are:
- A person with a positive attitude.
- An effective, enthusiastic, and respectful communicator.
- A person who is proficient in the use of technology with excellent research skills.
- A person who knows pop culture and current publishing trends.
- A person who has knowledge of tools and techniques to provide readers' advisory and references.
- Someone passionate about working with the public and connecting them to resources.
Our community is diverse, and your coworkers are too, so being comfortable engaging with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and abilities is essential.
What We Offer:
- Generous accrued paid time off, including vacation and sick leave.
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth.
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas.
- A supportive work environment that focuses on serving the Addison community.
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public Library.
- Wellness resources, free telemedicine, and an employee assistance program for yourself and your immediate family.
- An MLS from an ALA-accredited institution is required.
- Enrollment in an ALA-accredited library science graduate program may be considered in place of the degree requirements.
- Must be able to work one evening a week and every 4th weekend.
The Addison Public Library is dedicated to fostering lifelong learning and literacy by providing opportunities to explore, create, and connect. We value cultural inclusiveness, respect, and diversity of thought; intellectual freedom; ethical and effective stewardship of resources; engagement with community members; and protection of user privacy and confidentiality.
We strongly encourage bilingual (Spanish/English) applicants to apply.
Please review the complete job description for more details.