Ela Area Public Library District
The Ela Area Public Library District, a five-star library located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago in the community of Lake Zurich, seeks a detail oriented, creative part-time Graphic Artist to join a fast-paced library environment. Responsibilities include assisting with design and implementation of printed and digital marketing materials that promote library programs and services. This position also entails clerical duties including maintaining the events calendar and printing, stapling, folding and processing items to prepare publications. Candidates must be self-starting and capable of working autonomously on assigned projects with excellent time management skills.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Design and implement digital marketing materials that promote library programs and services
- Maintaining the events calendar
- Coordinating art wall and maintaining displays
- Printing, stapling, folding and processing items to prepare publications
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts or design-related field or 5+ experience
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates proven skills in print production and design
- Knowledge of web and print production
- Proficiency in current graphics software applications including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- File management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently at a professional level
- 28 hours per week. This position requires working regularly scheduled daytime hours in the Programs and Publicity Department. Ability to adjust schedule when necessary to accommodate library needs.
- $22.39/hour benefits include vacation, sick, personal time, and participation in IMRF
If you are interested in joining the Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please email your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.