Special Note: This position will cover any route that requires coverage. Additionally, the driver would be responsible for occasionally covering the PM shuttle hours of 6:00 pm - 2:00 am. A 15% shift differential will be added to the night shift.
Who we are…..
RAILS is one of two multi-type regional library systems in the state that serve and partner with academic, public, school, and special libraries. We are headquartered in Burr Ridge, IL and have service centers in Bolingbrook, Coal Valley, East Peoria, and Rockford which serve a 27,000 square mile area in northern and western Illinois.
Who we seek……
We are seeking strong team players who can load and unload delivery vehicle with library materials. Deliver library materials and equipment between the RAILS office and member libraries or other designated locations based on a prescribed daily route. Ensure safe and proper lifting and driving practices. This role will also be required to sort library materials alphabetically. The position will drive both box trucks and vans. A CDL is not needed.
The individuals we seek will need to be thorough, accurate, and timely. This individual will also need to be able to exercise initiative, exercise good judgement, and work without close supervision. The individual will also be called upon to back up full-time drivers on occasion.
If you have the following qualifications please read on.
· High school diploma or GED required
· Must have a valid Illinois driver's license with a clean driving record
· Must be 21 years of age or older
· A minimum of 1 year of work experience in a similar role and/or in customer service, preferred
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
· Working knowledge of basic computers, MS Office Suite software preferred; experience using the internet
· Library experience preferred but not required
What we offer…….
- Competitive pay
- A generous benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off
- Comfortable working environment
- Opportunities for professional development and for participation in professional organizations
RAILS is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent is a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization's achievement as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make individuals unique.
How to join our team……
If you would like to support our member libraries please apply on the RAILS Job Board at: https://jobs.railslibraries.org/